We at Lil Kidz Constructions offer school based Incursion program for K-3 classes that can be tailored to your learning classroom. We offer a variety for brick building activities which promote children’s design thinking, communication, teamwork skills and more.
Our incursion program is based on a variety of brick building activities from independent building to group challenges. This is a great incursion program for any theme you are studying such as Communities, Construction, Environments or even Imaginative play!
How Does it Work?
Our fully trained and experienced Host’s will work through a series of structured activities in a 1 Hour or more workshop. We generally cater for class groups of 25-35 kids at a time, and can conduct one or more workshops throughout the day at your school.
Brick Building Activities Include:
- Creative Design Building – Show & Tell
- 2D Character Building – Children choose from a range of characters
- Brick Building – LEGO® worlds, houses, mazes etc
- Quick Challenge Card Game – variety of objects to be built quickly
- Build Racing Cars and Racing on Track
- Experience Hosts for the full duration
- Planned / structured activities offering a variety of creative building experiences
- Dress up costume vest for each participant
- All equipment, tables and banners
- Builder’s Certificates – For each child to take home
- We do require a large indoor area to host the activities (School Hall or Class Room).
- We arrive approx 30-45mins before to set up and bring along additional banners and decorations to add to the theme of the day
- Student supervision is required throughout the duration of the workshop
- Lil Kidz Constructions holds current Public Liability Insurance
- Our prices start at $9.90 per student (min 50 children for all workshops)
We also offer our younger fans Pre-School Workshops that are suitable for ages 3 to 5 years. Using the larger size Duplo® and the soft Jumbo Bricks the children are offered a variety of activities which are creative, interactive and fun!
This types of workshops are conducted in smaller groups of 15 – 20 kids as there is more attention needed by our host’s to conduct the structured games and activities.
Our workshops for Pre-School’s run for approx 1 hour or more, combining structured activities and free time play. This allows the younger ones to experience the variety of building activities while socialising with their pre-school friends.
How Does it Work?
Our experienced host’s will come to your centre and bring along all the DUPLO® and equipment required to host the activities. We also include some additional banners and props to add to the theme of the day. Kids size dress up construction vests are also included. Great for story books and photo opportunities.
- Farm Yard Building with Characters
- LEGO® World Creator
- Wall Building & Tumbles with soft Jumbo Bricks – (SUPER FUN!)
- Build Duplo® Cars and Racing
What Do You Need To Provide? Our activities are best run on tables and on the floor, so a cleared area big enough for all the kids to move around is advised. We can provide additional tables if needed.
Our popular ‘All Day Hire Package’ is great value for centres as you have the use of our equipment ALL DAY! You get all the same great activities as our Hosted option, but have the convenience of conducting the activities at your leisure throughout the day! ALL DAY FUN!
How Does it Work?
We drop off all the LEGO® & equipment to your centre early on the day of your booking. We will set up and run through with your staff the activities and provide a detailed, easy to follow Instruction Booklet for you to reference. At the end of day, we return to collect the equipment. We cater for small or large groups – up to max 70 kids. We will provide enough LEGO® and equipment to the number of participants you are expecting on the day.
- Dress up constructions vests for each participant
- All party LEGO® equipment to run activities
- Some props and banners to add to the theme
- Certificate of Completion for all participants to home
- Easy to follow instructions for your staff
- Free Delivery and Pick up (Sydney Metro up to 30kms from Bella Vista, then small travel fee applies)
Prices for the All Day Hire starts from $9.90 + GST (Min 40 participants)
Benefits of LEGO® – Learning Through Play As most centres encourage ‘Learning through Play’ these workshops are ideal to continue this methodology in your school programs. Our equipment includes various types of LEGO® & Duplo®. This allows the children to use their imaginations to create and also utilise their team building and socialisation skills. The children are learning through play, using hand-eye coordination and concentrating on tasks to complete the creation or activity.
Feedback from schools and centres we work with has been overwhelming. Very popular with Kindergarten classes, Preschool’s and School Holiday providers. All have remarked how great the games and activities are and that the kids love the LEGO® and it kept them busy and engaged the whole time!
After School Workshops – If your Centre looking for great ideas to include in after school activity programming? We offer our LEGO® and equipment and program to after-school care providers where we can offer weekly hire. Or we can cater from 2 to 10 weeks hire, where we can deliver and pick up the equipment. These after school workshops are a 1-hour program which you can fit into your afternoon program to encourage the kids to be creative and imaginative. Talk to us about tailoring a package to suit your centre!